4 февр. 2014 г.

The air tastes just like you, it's the smell of June

I hope you are familiar with Demeter Fragrance Library. This is an incredible collection of scents! In addition to the wonderful, but a lil boring flavors like cherry, lavender, lilac or freesia, they have more interesting and unusual - blueberry, giant sequoia and grass. But that's not all! For demanding noses they have perfume with the scent of...moonbeam, snow, salt air, sawdust, clean skin and many other crazy fragrances. And now here's my wish list: holy water, dirt and funeral home! Honestly last smell is not the best. But what else to expect from a funeral home!:) Nevertheless, I still desire them for my collection. However, my other half decided that I am too sweet for this perfume and gave me Vanilla Ice Cream and ...tadam!...my pride - Elvira's Black Roses! 




Elvira is the inspiration for the collection of supernatural, spooky, spectacular scents that are unlike anything you have smelled from Demeter Fragrance Library before. Or from anyone alse for that metter. These Dark Florals are beautiful, but radical and truly unique in their approach to the scent.


But today I want to talk not only about that. This weekend I saw a new movie called "Viy". Don't be put off by the fact that it's Russian :) This is a great example of sci-fi thriller, with elements of Gothic and steampunk. For lovers of literature I can say that the film is based on the classic story by Nikolai Gogol. It's really beautiful and not a banal film. If you see it in the cinema in your city - be sure to go and write about your experience! Here are a few frames: 










2 комментария:

  1. Oh I saw the trailer on youtube I hope there will be one with subtitles. I would love to see it because it seems to have the perfect blend of gothic and steampunk :)

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Oh really?) Glad to hear it! If you'll have the oportunity to watch it I hope to hear your comments! It's really interesting how foreign people look at russian cinematographe :)

      Удалить